"This is the beginning of the journey that will change your life -- how you see yourself, how you understand yourself, and how you heal yourself. Ayurveda will reframe your world. It's simple, transformitive, and deeply nourishing. I'm so honored to guide you." -- Dr. Khanna
This is your Complete Foundational Guide to Ayurveda.
To know yourself is to heal yourself. Many of us spend half of our lives simply trying to understand our personalities, tendencies, and proclivities to certain ailments. We suffer as we settle into our identities and often feel helpless to reverse our diseases, let alone shift our personalities.
Ayurveda is the bridge that shortens the distance between understanding yourself and healing. It is one of the most ancient healing systems and offers thousands of years of wisdom to you today. What's more is that it completely integrates the understanding of you as you relate to nature -- including daily and seasonal rhythms.
Ayurveda makes intuitive sense and is therefore easy to embody. You at once feel like life makes sense, you make sense, the world makes sense and that this understanding is something you always knew deep down.
Welcome to the Ayurveda Foundations and Seasonal Cleanse Guide. An online course to help you understand and heal yourself.
In this Ayurveda Foundations Course, Dr. Nisha Khanna, Functional Ayurvedic MD shares with you the framework with which she approaches health and healing. A framework that addresses the deepest of root causes and offers you tools for both disease reversal and prevention.
You receive my complete 7 module guide which teaches you:
- how to accurately determine and live in harmony with your unique mind-body type
- how to optimize your digestion -- your safeguard against disease
- how to create the best daily routine for your mind-body type
- how to perform a Seasonal Ayurvedic Home Cleanse
Let's get started. I'm so excited for you to join me!
Ayurveda Foundations + Seasonal Cleanse Guide
The guide consists of 7 modules complete with all you need to get started on your Ayurvedic healing journey.
Module 1 -- Guiding Principles
During this first module, we lay a foundation of Ayurvedic understanding.
- you learn about the 5 elements, the 10 pairs of opposites, and how the elements and their corresponding qualities combine to form the 3 doshas.
- you learn how to accurately determine your unique mind-body type.
- you begin to learn how to use the pairs of opposites to balance your mood, the season, and ailments.
Module 2 -- Agni -- Your Digestion -- Your Inner Flame
We next introduce the most important concept in Ayurveda, agni (the energy of transformation.)
- you begin to understand the meaning and the importance of agni as a safeguard to health.
- you learn about the fire principle of digestion and how to kindle it.
- you learn about the 3 types of digestion and how to balance each one.
Module 3 -- Vata -- Air + Space
In this module, we focus on the manifestation of the Vata principle both in balance and in disease.
- you learn about the best foods to favor to balance vata.
- you learn about the best lifestyle practices to balance vata.
- you learn about the most supportive herbs to balance vata.
- you learn about the most vata-pacifying Ayurvedic treatments to receive.
Module 4 -- Pitta -- Fire + Water
In this module, we focus on the manifestation of the Pitta principle both in balance and in disease.
- you learn about the best foods to favor to balance pitta.
- you learn about the best lifestyle practices to balance pitta.
- you learn about the most supportive herbs to balance pitta.
- you learn about the most pitta-pacifying Ayurvedic treatments to receive.
Module 5 -- Kapha -- Water + Earth
In this module, we focus on the manifestation of the Kapha principle both in balance and in disease.
- you learn about the best foods to favor to balance kapha.
- you learn about the best lifestyle practices to balance kapha.
- you learn about the most supportive herbs to balance kapha.
- you learn about the most kapha-pacifying Ayurvedic treatments to receive.
Module 6 -- Your Daily Routine
In this module, I share a sample Ayurvedic daily routine, nuanced with variations for your unique constitution.
I also highlight the best practices for each mind-body type.
Module 7 -- Seasonal Ayurvedic Home Cleanse Guide
In this final module, I share how to perform a 10 day Seasonal Ayurvedic Reset. It is truly a cleanse like no other as it rests and rekindles digestion. You eat satisfying, nourishing meals throughout, while your detox and rejuvenate.
Modifications for varying levels of ability are illustrated.
NISHA KHANNA MD
Nisha is a board-certified Internist who has been practicing medicine since 2005. Pursuing further education in Ayurveda and Functional Medicine, today she runs her private practice in Functional Ayurveda in Austin, TX. She works with the patient’s entire mind-body-spirit complex and favors treatment plans that center on hormone balance and intestinal health. Her focus is on patient education and empowerment.
Dr. Khanna uses the breadth of her knowledge and experience bridging East and West, old and new, across time and space to offer true Integrative medical care. Her consultations favor a patient-centered approach. When she's not in direct clinical practice, she enjoys offering patient education on prevention and treatment.